Skyroam Hotspot Review
What Is It:
The Skyroam is a personal Wi-Fi hotspot device offering secure, unlimited data coverage in more than 65 countries.
Price and Where to Buy Skyroam Hotspot:
In the Box:
- Skyroam Hotspot
- Micro USB charging cable
- Connects up to five devices
- Offers global coverage through 3G/4G connection and local data routing
- Unlimited data per day pass
- Offers secure, encrypted connections with speeds up to 42 Mbps for downloads and 21 Mbps for uploads
- Connects in over 65 world-spanning nations
- Small, lightweight, and at just over 4 inches in length, easily fits in a pocket
- No more overage roaming charges, buying local SIM cards, or locating free (but untrustworthy) Wi-Fi hotspots
- Straightforward and easy to use device and website
- After the initial five free day passes, purchase of additional day passes costs a hefty $10 per pass
- Battery’s quick to die; carry a device charger if on the go
- In our test run, device couldn’t connect while riding high-speed, above-ground train
How Skyroam Hotspot Rates:
- Usefulness: 8/10. The Skyroam will connect you just about anytime/anywhere, but travelers that’ll find this gadget most useful are those looking to connect to a network for extended periods of time.
- Value: 6/10. Clocking in at $125, the device itself isn’t cheap and neither is the day-use fee of $10 per day.
- Portability: 10/10. For Wi-Fi devices, it doesn’t get lighter or more compact than this.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. It’s cool to connect!
We liked the Skyroam’s ability to quickly and safely connect just about anywhere, but the device’s $125 price tag and day-use fees may not be justifiable to everyday travelers. However, this device is a great investment and extremely cost effective at $10 per day for business travelers and those on working vacations who’ll maximize use of the unlimited data coverage.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.