I’ll admit this travel item seemed a little unnecessary at first, but once I tried a silk pillowcase at home, I knew I had to have a travel-sized version. So I tried the Shhh Silk Travel Size Silk Pillow. Here’s how it went.
Shhh Silk Travel Size Silk Pillow Review:
Price and Where to Buy: $149 on Shhh Silk’s website.
Shhh Silk Travel Size Silk Pillow Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10. Silk is naturally hypoallergenic, so it’s a great travel pillow for anyone with sensitive skin. There are also other benefits to sleeping on silk: The fabric keeps your skin cooler and it leaves your hair nice and smooth (goodbye, frizz) in the morning. I sometimes even take the full-size pillowcase and use it on hotel pillows during a trip.
- Value: 7/10. While silk travel pillows are on the more expensive side, this one is comparable to other silk pillowcases on the market.
- Portability: 10/10. The travel pillow comes with a handy drawstring carry case that has its own zippered compartment. If you’re traveling with just the pillowcase, it packs completely flat.
- Durability: 9/10. You can machine wash the pillowcase on a gentle, warm cycle. The fabric is high-quality, 100 percent silk.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. Now that I’ve tried it, I prefer sleeping on silk over cotton. Plus, Shhh Silk has two chic marble patterns that are pretty stylish.
Final Verdict: If you’re looking to travel with a little luxury and you like your beauty rest, then consider treating yourself to a silk travel pillow or silk pillowcase. It makes a huge difference.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at editor@.