Part of the joy of travel is getting to leave behind our home for days, weeks, or even months at a time—but that absence can bring a lot of worry as well. Will someone break-in while you’re away? Will your home be safe while you’re gone? What will happen to that package that gets delivered while you’re on vacation?
The Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Pro solves those problems, giving you peace of mind while you’re away from home.
What is the Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Pro?
The Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Pro is an outdoor camera that you can mount by your front door, garage, or anywhere you want to keep an eye on.
What Makes the Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Pro Unique?
The Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Pro is packed with advanced features, such as 3D motion deduction, a camera that will give you a bird’s eye view of your property, a 110db siren, and an enhanced microphone that allows you to hear everything that’s happening through the Ring app (no matter how far away you are), as well as speak to someone as if you’re there.
I found that the microphone feature came in really handy when I was away and had to communicate with someone on my property (for example, asking a delivery person to hide a package in a different spot).
The floodlights are motion-activated, which are great for when you’re coming home at night (especially if your hands are full). They light up the ground and surrounding area, making it easy to see.
How Does the Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Pro Measure Up?
Ease of Use: 10/10
Installation is incredibly simple. Just download the Ring app to your phone and click “set up a device” and the app will walk you through the process.
The floodlight camera retails for $249.99, and comes with a free 30-day trial of Ring Protect. After the trail ends, you’ll need to pay $3 a month to continue Ring Protect if you want to use the video recording and photo capture features of the device. For the quality of the camera, the price is a good deal—and you can definitely continue to use the floodlight camera without the subscription if you don’t want to keep paying for it.
The floodlight camera is pretty unobtrusive, depending on where you mount it. It blends in to walls, so you won’t really notice it when you’re not using it. The motion-activated lights are nice and bright, and light up a good amount of area to guide your way at night.
Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Pro Pros:
- 1080p HDR video is very clear even at night (thanks to color night vision)
- Floodlights are bright and illuminate a wide area
- Very loud siren in case of emergency
- Two-way talk comes through very clearly
- Quick and easy to install and use
- Camera and floodlights are very rugged and can withstand all types of weather
- Can view a large area of your property from above with bird’s eye view
- Customizable motion zones can alert you to movement on your property (or be turned off completely)
- Everything can be controlled via the app, no matter where you are
Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Pro Cons:
- Must purchase a $3 Ring Protect subscription if you want to be able to record video or capture photos.
You Might Also Like:• The 10 Best Expandable Suitcases
• The 8 Best Travel Mugs for 2021
• The 7 Best White Sneakers for Travel
• 9 Women’s Blazers to Get You Through the Fall
• The Best Coffee Machines and Delivery Services
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.