A new type of packing cubes just hit the market. Instead of your standard compressionable packing cubes, Revelar Workshop created a set of three packing cubes that do double duty.
Price and where to buy it: $99 on Revelar Workshop’s website (currently on sale for $75) for a set of three: one small-, one medium-, and one large-sized packing cube.
How the Cubepack Set Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. Obviously, anything that does double duty is incredibly useful when it comes to travel, and the Cubepack set is no different. Not only do each of the cubes have their own front and mesh pockets, but they also convert into a fanny pack, sling bag, or backpack.
- Value: 7/10. $100 for packing cubes is on the expensive side, but when you think about the price of day packs and other packing cube sets on the market, it actually seems reasonable. As someone who likes traveling with different sized bags but typically doesn’t since they take up too much space, I love this solution.
- Durability: 10/10. These are some of the most well-made packing cubes I’ve come across, and I’ve seen a lot. The outer material is extremely durable nylon and the zippers glide like a dream.
- Portability: 10/10. Each cube is lightweight and can compress a seemingly endless amount of clothing.
- Cool Factor: 9/10. Multi-functional packing cubes might just be the coolest new category of travel gear.
Final Verdict: Packing cubes that do double duty? Sign me up. While on the pricier side, I love that I don’t have to pack a day pack or other bags, in addition to my personal item since these packing cubes do the trick.
More from SmarterTravel
- 6 Best Packing Cubes Ever
- Ingenious Packing Tips Every Traveler Should Know
- The Single Worst Packing Mistake You Can Ever Make
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.