Ravean Heated Hoodie Review
Where to Buy Ravean Heated Hoodie: Pre-order at Ravean. The hoodies are currently unavailable, but from now through January 30, 2016, get 25 percent off Ravean jackets’ and vests’ retail prices at IndieGoGo.
In the Box:
- Hoodie made of 60 percent cotton, 40 percent polyester
- Five volt battery
- Micro USB charging cable
- Wool pouch for battery and charger
- Thermal interior, lending to the apparel’s warmth
- Light, no-bulk materials, including the sleek battery
- Three interior pockets (two Velcro, one zipper), though one interior Velcro pocket is used to plug in the battery
- Good-quality wool pouch for storing battery
- Sweater begins to warm immediately after plugging in battery
- Three levels of heat: high, medium, and low
- Zipper exterior pockets
- Water-resistent, and of course washable, materials
- Runs a tad big
- Short battery life. I was only able to get three hours worth of time on the high-heat setting.
How Ravean Heated Hoodie Rates:
- Usefulness: 8/10. The hoodie’s heating compartments are centrally located posteriorly in the upper back and anteriorly in the chest area. The only true drawback is the unit’s somewhat short battery life.
- Portability: 10/10. Heated garments typically run heavy. Not so with the Ravean’s lightweight materials. Packing this hoodie means travelers can pack fewer items in their luggage.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. Warmth while on the road is a must, but it’s the final touches like pick-pocket-proof zippered pockets and the ability to control the heat settings from high to low that go the extra length.
Final Verdict: The hoodie starts out with warm, good-quality materials, then in comes the battery for added toastiness. This piece of apparel is a no-brainer for travelers looking to pack fewer items in their bags.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.