Ravean Heated Hoodie Review
Where to Buy Ravean Heated Hoodie: Pre-order at Ravean. The hoodies are currently unavailable, but from now through January 30, 2016, get 25 percent off Ravean jackets’ and vests’ retail prices at IndieGoGo.
In the Box:
- Hoodie made of 60 percent cotton, 40 percent polyester
- Five volt battery
- Micro USB charging cable
- Wool pouch for battery and charger
- Thermal interior, lending to the apparel’s warmth
- Light, no-bulk materials, including the sleek battery
- Three interior pockets (two Velcro, one zipper), though one interior Velcro pocket is used to plug in the battery
- Good-quality wool pouch for storing battery
- Sweater begins to warm immediately after plugging in battery
- Three levels of heat: high, medium, and low
- Zipper exterior pockets
- Water-resistent, and of course washable, materials
- Runs a tad big
- Short battery life. I was only able to get three hours worth of time on the high-heat setting.
How Ravean Heated Hoodie Rates:
- Usefulness: 8/10. The hoodie’s heating compartments are centrally located posteriorly in the upper back and anteriorly in the chest area. The only true drawback is the unit’s somewhat short battery life.
- Portability: 10/10. Heated garments typically run heavy. Not so with the Ravean’s lightweight materials. Packing this hoodie means travelers can pack fewer items in their luggage.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. Warmth while on the road is a must, but it’s the final touches like pick-pocket-proof zippered pockets and the ability to control the heat settings from high to low that go the extra length.
Final Verdict: The hoodie starts out with warm, good-quality materials, then in comes the battery for added toastiness. This piece of apparel is a no-brainer for travelers looking to pack fewer items in their bags.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.