Welcome to Smarter Stuff, a new feature here in Today in Travel where our team of seasoned travelers puts products to the test and lets you know if they’re worth buying.
What Is It: The Vapur Anti-Bottle, a foldable, reusable water bottle (pictured above)
Pros: It’s BPA-free, so no safety concerns there. It’s also made of three-layers of plastic, which makes it durable and much less likely to puncture or tear. It’s not just for water, either: Freeze it to make an ice pack, put your favorite beverage (alcoholic or not) in it, or even put boiling liquids inside. It folds down very small, so you can pack it anywhere. It also comes in a number of colors and designs, including a limited-edition artist series.
Cons: If you’re using it for hot liquids, the outside of the bottle will get too hot to touch. It’s also a little tough to clean without a dishwasher (the company suggests using a bottle brush).
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 8/10. This is most useful in countries with potable water; it would not come in very handy in countries where you can’t drink from the tap.
- Portability: 10/10. Folds up really small when empty, and when full is more pliable and easy to pack than a regular water bottle.
- Value: 8/10. It pays for itself in about five uses compared to buying water bottles.
- Durability: 9/10. Durable, but may need to be replaced after a while if you’re not vigilant about cleaning it.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. The designs and colors are very cool, plus you can write on it with marker if you want to personalize it.
Final Verdict: Worth it! We loved being able to fold this down and take an empty Vapur through airport security, and then fill it with water on the other side instead of shelling out for gift shop water. It fit great in the water bottle pockets of our backpacks and bags, and we also loved the attached carabineer to hang the bottle from. Plus, its flat-bottom design makes the Vapur easy to refill (just stand the bottle under a tap).
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.