What Is it: Graduated Compression TravelSox from FootSmart.
Price and Where to Buy: $26.99 on FootSmart’s website.
- Endorsed by the Airline Medical Directors and Aerospace Medical Associations
- Made with cushy, comfortable materials (75 percent Polyester CoolMax, 15 percent Elastam Lycra, 10 percent Polyamide Nylon)
- Offer arch support
- Ribbed cuffs prevent sagging
- Gradual compression stimulates blood flow
- Available in a wide variety of sizes (men’s 6.5-13.5; women’s 4-13)
- Machine washable and dry-able
Cons: Fairly high price point for compression socks, however, if you buy three pairs on FootSmart.com, you will get one pair free.
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. If you have circulation problems or are concerned about Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), these socks are great for moderate support.
- Portability: 9/10. The TravelSox are thicker and longer than dress socks, but are about the same weight and height as knee socks.
- Value: 7/10. If you buy three pairs and get one free, the price point is much better than one pair for almost $30.
- Durability: 10/10. The TravelSox are made with technical fibers that will stand up to many machine washings.
- Cool Factor: 4/10. Let’s be honest, compression socks are never going to be cool. At least these are basic black and look like normal socks though, so you won’t be un-cool wearing them either.
Final Verdict: If you suffer from swollen or tired feet and legs while flying or sitting for long periods of time, the graduated compression TravelSox might be a worthy splurge for you .
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.