What Is it: Downy Wrinkle Releaser travel size, a spray that claims to remove wrinkles from clothing without an iron.
Price and Where to Buy: Product can be bought for $6.49 (Amazon.com) and is also available at most drugstores (including CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, and Target).
Pros: The Wrinkle Releaser comes in a TSA-friendly 3 oz. bottle. It’s easy to use—simply spray the wrinkled area, smooth the fabric with your hand, and hang. On the road, you could unpack, spray this, and hang up your clothes, and be pretty wrinkle-free for your whole trip, with just a little bit of extra effort. Too lazy for that? The product also works if you spray it on while you’re wearing it, and smooth it down over your body (not endorsed by the Downy instructions, but don’t judge us for trying this). We also liked the light and fresh smell, which just smells like clean clothes—like an inoffensive fabric softener or laundry detergent.
Cons: This worked great on mildly wrinkled clothes. If your clothes are super wrinkled, the spray will make it look better, but you’d need to break out the iron to tackle the really rumpled areas.
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. Great for business travelers or anyone who needs to look presentable on the road, but doesn’t want to waste time ironing.
- Portability: 10/10. The 3 oz bottle fits easily into your TSA liquid bag.
- Value: 9/10. Depends where you buy it from, but if you can get this at the lower end of the price range, it’s a great deal. You also don’t need to spray a lot of the wrinkle releaser for it to work effectively, so one bottle will last you a while. Downy also has coupons for the wrinkle releaser on their website, so print one out before you shop.
- Durability: 7/10. The bottle is sturdy and well made, but we’ve found that spray bottles tend to leak on planes. Put this in a ziplock bag to be extra careful.
- Cool Factor: 8/10. You’ll look cool and confident on your travels in wrinkle free clothing!
Final Verdict: Frustrated by clothes that arrive at your destination rumpled, no matter how carefully you pack? Spend a few bucks and try out the travel sized wrinkle releaser—your wardrobe will thank you.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Photo Credit: Eat Smart Products)