What Is it: The Tego PowerGrid, a portable battery that can charge your electronics without an outlet.
Price and Where to Buy: $59 on Tego Power’s website. Smarter Travel readers can use promo code: TEGO20 and get 20 percent off of their entire purchase on the site.
- Charge two USB devices at once
- The portable battery can hold enough power to fully charge two smartphones at once
- Comes up to 80 percent charged right out of the box
- PowerGrid retains a charge for over three months
- LED lights on front of the PowerGrid show you at the touch of a button how much power is left
- Small size (about the size of the deck of cards)
- Lightweight, but still heavy enough to add some heft to your bag (4.4 oz)
- PowerGrid uses a USB cable to charge itself, not a plug, which can be a hassle while traveling
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. Now that new regulations require passengers on some international flights to be able to turn on their electronic devices, portable power is invaluable
- Portability: 8/10. The PowerGrid is 3.86″ x 2.36″ x0.67″ and weighs 4.4 oz
- Value: 7/10. With the 20 percent off code, the PowerGrid is a great deal
- Cool Factor: 10/10. We love the cool design of the PowerGrid and all of the bright colors that it comes in, plus the LED light display is pretty cool.
Final Verdict: Always running out of juice on your electronics? Snap up the PowerGrid while it’s on sale.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Photo: Tego Power)