What Is it: The Subtech Dryskin, a waterproof skin for your phone or tablet.
Price and Where to Buy: $24.95 for a pack of two skins on Subtech’s website.
- Protects your phone or tablet against water, snow, sweat, sand, dirt, or scratches.
- Reusable (up to three times.)
- Can still use your phone or tablet while in the Dry Skin.
- Can be used with your normal phone case.
- The tight fitting Dry Skin can be a struggle to get on your device.
- You can’t charge your device while it’s in the Dry Skin (the Dry Skin covers all the ports).
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10. Perfect for if you want to take your phone or tablet on a boat, to the beach, skiing, or anywhere else it might get wet or scratched.
- Portability: 10/10. The Dry Skins are small and light—basically a plastic bag for your phone (but with more protection.) For reference, the iPad Dry Skin weighs just 0.49 ounces.
- Value: 6/10. Instead of spending money on an underwater camera, use your smartphone to take pictures without worrying about it getting wet. For $24.95 for two skins, however, we wish that they were reusable for more than three times—especially since your device can’t be charged while in the Dryskin.
- Durability: 5/10. Held up well, but again, can only be used three times.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. Underwater pictures and videos are awesome!
Final Verdict: Worthwhile if you like taking your smartphone or tablet to the beach or near water and worry about damage.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.