What Is it: The Subtech Dryskin, a waterproof skin for your phone or tablet.
Price and Where to Buy: $24.95 for a pack of two skins on Subtech’s website.
- Protects your phone or tablet against water, snow, sweat, sand, dirt, or scratches.
- Reusable (up to three times.)
- Can still use your phone or tablet while in the Dry Skin.
- Can be used with your normal phone case.
- The tight fitting Dry Skin can be a struggle to get on your device.
- You can’t charge your device while it’s in the Dry Skin (the Dry Skin covers all the ports).
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10. Perfect for if you want to take your phone or tablet on a boat, to the beach, skiing, or anywhere else it might get wet or scratched.
- Portability: 10/10. The Dry Skins are small and light—basically a plastic bag for your phone (but with more protection.) For reference, the iPad Dry Skin weighs just 0.49 ounces.
- Value: 6/10. Instead of spending money on an underwater camera, use your smartphone to take pictures without worrying about it getting wet. For $24.95 for two skins, however, we wish that they were reusable for more than three times—especially since your device can’t be charged while in the Dryskin.
- Durability: 5/10. Held up well, but again, can only be used three times.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. Underwater pictures and videos are awesome!
Final Verdict: Worthwhile if you like taking your smartphone or tablet to the beach or near water and worry about damage.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.