What Is It: The Propet Travel Walker II, a walking shoe that folds or rolls up to fit in your suitcase.
Price and Where to Buy: Currently on sale for $14.95–$67.95 from Amazon. (The shoes are also available in a men’s version for the same price.)
Pros: Forget tossing a pair of flimsy foldable flats or flip flops in your bag—these miracle sneakers are built for walking, and yet fold down to take up barely any space in your suitcase. The comfortable shoes are designed for walking, and the Propet is so durable that it comes with a 1,000-mile/six-month guarantee. The shoe’s stylish look is another pro—I hate walking around cities (or even rural areas) in athletic sneakers, but these are low profile enough not to be a fashion faux pas. Yet, they offer enough support for the hours and hours of walking that usually comes with travel.
Cons: Although it helps keep the shoe rolled up when not in use, I’m not a fan of the bungee closure that these shoes have in lieu of traditional laces. However, if you feel the same way, the bungee cord can easily replaced with traditional laces for a dollar or two.
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. Packing for a trip always means agonizing over being unfashionable or losing luggage space to bulky sneakers, but no more! The Travel Walker II takes up a minimum of space, and they’re lightweight enough that you could even throw them in your day bag if you were going to need a change of shoes later (handy if you’re doing adventure sports/hiking where you might get wet or muddy).
- Portability: 10/10. Lightweight and rollable, you could even fit these in a jacket pocket for the ultimate in portability.
- Value: 10/10. Traditional walking sneakers often cost way more than $54.99, so these are a real bargain.
- Durability: 10/10. I love the sole guarantee, since there’s nothing worse than wearing out a shoe only a few months after you buy it! Overall, the materials will hold up long past the guarantee. There’s even a special toe cap that will help prevent wear and tear in the front of the shoe.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. For a walking shoe, these are surprisingly cute. I like the basic black pair for blending in, but they come in a wide variety of colors. I also like the way the logo is minimized on these shoes—it’s a small unoffensive P that is the same black as the rest of the shoe, and blends in.
Final Verdict: Love, love these shoes! No more wearing my bulkiest shoes and being uncomfortable on the plane in order to be comfortable walking around on my travels. I’ll happily roll these up in my carry-on bag!
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.