What Is It: Barnie’s CoffeeKitchen Pronto!, portable concentrated liquid coffee that makes hot or iced coffee anywhere.
Price and Where to Buy: $5.99 for a box of six Brewsticks, available at Barnie’s CoffeeKitchen’s website.
Pros: It’s instant coffee without the gross instant powder—pronto! concentrate is made from 100 percent arabica beans and actually tastes pretty good. The concentrate is cold-brewed—which makes a less-acidic and smoother coffee. Plus, it’s portable—you can make a cup anywhere you have water.
Cons: Some of the flavored varieties were a little too sweet for our taste—stick to the original versions if you don’t have a sweet tooth.
How It Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. If you don’t want to be without a cup of Joe at all times, and have access to water, pronto! will fill all your coffee needs.
- Portability: 10/10. Small and light, you could carry a bunch of these on a long camping trek without worrying about weight or space.
- Value: 8/10. At about $1 a cup, the pronto! is definitely cheaper than buying a cup from Starbucks while on the road, but is more expensive than most instant coffees.
- Durability: 8/10. Seems durable, but we probably wouldn’t pack these in a suitcase full of white clothes without a zip-lock bag.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. Camping with coffee snobs? Everyone will be impressed when you pull these out to make a delicious morning brew.
Final Verdict: The perfect product for camping lets you have iced or hot coffee anywhere, any time.
(Photo: Barnie’s CoffeeKitchen Pronto!)
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.