What Is it: The EatSmart Precision Voyager Luggage Scale.
Pros: This luggage scale is small and light enough to bring on the road with you—it’s only 5.5 ounces. The Voyager is also extremely easy to use and read. Simply clip the scale on your suitcase’s handle and lift. The scale will then beep and automatically display the weight on the digital screen, which you can set to either pounds or kilograms. It seems like it would be tough to lift heavy bags with a scale, but the Voyager is designed to allow you to lift with two hands, so it’s fairly easy—plus, you don’t have to lift it far off the ground. We also love that the Voyager comes with the battery included.
Cons: The scale maxes out at 110 pounds, so if you’re packing heavier than that, you’re out of luck. (But probably out of luck with many airlines’ weight allowances as well…)
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. An easy way to check your bag’s weight before flying.
- Portability: 10/10. The Voyager measures 5.25″ x 3.5″ x 1″, and is only 5.5 pounds. You can toss it in your bag, or leave it clipped on the handle if you’re not checking luggage. The Voyager may tell you if your bag is overweight, but it won’t make your suitcase overweight.
- Value: 10/10. Pay just $19.95 (and there’s free shipping), and never pay overweight fees again.
- Durability: 9/10. The well-made scale seems like it will withstand weighing even the heaviest bags for quite some time.
- Cool Factor: 7/10. It’s a luggage scale, so it’s tough to be cool. The Voyager does the job, but it’s more unobtrusive than cool.
Final Verdict: Are you often right on the edge of your airline’s baggage weight limits? Get this scale and check yourself before you wreck yourself on luggage fees.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.
(Photo Credit: Eat Smart Products)
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.