What Is it: The Pochette, a travel pouch.
Price and Where to Buy: Currently $38 on Hudsonandbleecker.com.
- Comes in a variety of fashionable designs.
- Small enough to fit into a bigger bag and used as a makeup case or jewelry organizer.
- Large enough to be used on its own as a clutch—you could fit a pair of foldable flats, your phone, and wallet in here.
- Inner zippered pockets keeps valuables safe (or keys easy to find.)
- Water resistant lining.
- After heavy use some of the threads on the outer fabric started fraying a little—nothing that was super noticeable though.
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 8/10. We love being able to give our shoulders a break from heavy purses/day bags and switch to a clutch for dinner/nights out when traveling. This pouch is the perfect size, because it can fit a ton but still be used as a wristlet.
- Portability: 9/10. The bag is 9″Wx7″H when empty, and very lightweight.
- Value: 8/10. At $38 this is a great price for a bag of this size.
- Cool Factor: 9/10. We’re digging all the designs available on the Pochettes, but note that some of the newer prints are not on sale.
Final Verdict: If you’re looking for a bag big enough to hold all your essentials, but small enough to carry on your wrist, the Pochette is a great, budget-friendly and fashionable option.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Photo: Hudson and Bleecker