Pros: The embellished uppers of the flip flops are very cute and come in a number of colors. Unlike most flimsy flip flops, the Aurora Sandals offer lots of arch support, and won’t cause the normal back and leg pain you usually get from flat rubber foot flops. The foot-bed was designed by a podiatrist, and it absorbs shock and reduces stress on feet and ankles. We also like that the material is easy to care for—just wipe it off with a damp cloth.
Cons: The Aurora Sandals are kind of bulky. They are definitely more stylish than orthopedic shoes, but their sturdiness does show.
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. Walking around a hot city in the summer can be uncomfortable—either your feet are sweating in sneakers or you’re in pain from the lack of support normal flip flops give. The Auroras let your feet breathe while offering support, plus they are fairly stylish considering that they’re orthopedic.
- Portability: 8/10. They take up more room than a dollar store flip flop, but much less room than a sneaker. They are really light, though, making them easy to pack without adding much weight.
- Value: 8/10. Yes, you can get flip flops for .99 cents, but they won’t last you half the summer. The Auroras will last, and you won’t be paying for your penny-pinching at the podiatrist later.
- Durability: 10/10. The sandals have a PU wood-grain covered EVA foot-bed, a rubber out-sole, and an upper liner, all of which seem well-made and designed to last for awhile.
- Cool Factor: 7/10. We love the bronze color of the sandals as well as the embellishments and cutout details. They’re not so bulky that they’re the first thing people will notice, but you can tell that they’re designed for comfort.
Final Verdict: Splurge on these for summer travel if you love wearing flip flops but hate how you feel after a long day of walking in them.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.