What Is it: Nikwax Basewash Travel Gel, a gel cleaner for hand-washing your clothes.
Price and Where to Buy: $5.25 on Nikwax’s website.
- Comes in a 2 oz. size that complies with the TSA 3-1-1 rule
- Faster drying than normal detergent
- Good for twelve washes
- Softens clothing and removes odor
- Easy to use
- Clean scent
- Not tested on animals
- Can’t be used on waterproof clothing
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10. If you need to wash an item or two in your hotel room sink, the basewash gel is very handy.
- Portability: 8/10. The 2 oz. size is light and easy to carry, but the tube can leak if you don’t have it sealed tightly. Definitely carry this item in a Ziploc bag.
- Value: 9/10. The 2 oz. tube can wash 12 items, which means it will cost you around 43 cents to wash a piece of clothing with this product.
- Cool Factor: 8/10. Feeling fresh and smelling clean is always cool.
Final Verdict: If you go on long trips and like to pack light, hand-washing your clothes with the Nikwax base wash is an easy and cheap way to extend your wardrobe.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.