What Is it: Nikwax Basewash Travel Gel, a gel cleaner for hand-washing your clothes.
Price and Where to Buy: $5.25 on Nikwax’s website.
- Comes in a 2 oz. size that complies with the TSA 3-1-1 rule
- Faster drying than normal detergent
- Good for twelve washes
- Softens clothing and removes odor
- Easy to use
- Clean scent
- Not tested on animals
- Can’t be used on waterproof clothing
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10. If you need to wash an item or two in your hotel room sink, the basewash gel is very handy.
- Portability: 8/10. The 2 oz. size is light and easy to carry, but the tube can leak if you don’t have it sealed tightly. Definitely carry this item in a Ziploc bag.
- Value: 9/10. The 2 oz. tube can wash 12 items, which means it will cost you around 43 cents to wash a piece of clothing with this product.
- Cool Factor: 8/10. Feeling fresh and smelling clean is always cool.
Final Verdict: If you go on long trips and like to pack light, hand-washing your clothes with the Nikwax base wash is an easy and cheap way to extend your wardrobe.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.