What Is it: The Magniflex Sushi Compact Travel Pillow Kit, a travel-sized memory foam pillow and unique portable pillowcase.
Price and Where to Buy: $119 on Amazon.
- Made by Magniflex, a luxury Italian mattress producer
- Pillow is made out of the same material as memory foam mattresses
- Pillowcase can be used on any pillow
- Sushi pillowcase keeps the pillow covered and in a sanitary environment during traveling
- Comes with a carrying case
- Extremely comfortable
- Bulky and heavy compared to most other travel pillows
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 7/10. If you are picky about your pillow and prefer a memory foam one while traveling, the Sushi Pillow is great for you.
- Portability: 5/10. The pillow is about 4.5 inches thick, 26.7 inches wide, and 16 inches long, but can be rolled up.
- Value: 7/10. $119 is very expensive for a travel pillow, but a decent price for a good memory foam pillow and travel case.
- Cool Factor: 8/10. It’s cool to be comfortable and well-rested, plus unfolding the Sushi Pillow is less embarrassing than inflating a blow-up travel pillow on a plane.
Final Verdict: The Sushi Pillow is probably one of the most comfortable pillows I’ve ever laid my head on—the memory foam is amazing. On the other hand, it does take up a fair amount of space in your carry-on. If you have space and like to BYOP (bring your own pillow), the Sushi Pillow is a worthy splurge.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.