What Is it: The Magniflex Sushi Compact Travel Pillow Kit, a travel-sized memory foam pillow and unique portable pillowcase.
Price and Where to Buy: $119 on Amazon.
- Made by Magniflex, a luxury Italian mattress producer
- Pillow is made out of the same material as memory foam mattresses
- Pillowcase can be used on any pillow
- Sushi pillowcase keeps the pillow covered and in a sanitary environment during traveling
- Comes with a carrying case
- Extremely comfortable
- Bulky and heavy compared to most other travel pillows
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 7/10. If you are picky about your pillow and prefer a memory foam one while traveling, the Sushi Pillow is great for you.
- Portability: 5/10. The pillow is about 4.5 inches thick, 26.7 inches wide, and 16 inches long, but can be rolled up.
- Value: 7/10. $119 is very expensive for a travel pillow, but a decent price for a good memory foam pillow and travel case.
- Cool Factor: 8/10. It’s cool to be comfortable and well-rested, plus unfolding the Sushi Pillow is less embarrassing than inflating a blow-up travel pillow on a plane.
Final Verdict: The Sushi Pillow is probably one of the most comfortable pillows I’ve ever laid my head on—the memory foam is amazing. On the other hand, it does take up a fair amount of space in your carry-on. If you have space and like to BYOP (bring your own pillow), the Sushi Pillow is a worthy splurge.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.