What Is it: The Magellan’s Good Night Sleep Mask.
Price and Where to Buy: $14.50 on Magellan’s website.
- The sleep mask is molded so that it doesn’t touch your eyelids, which allows your eyes to move during the REM stage of the sleep cycle.
- Lightweight (weighs just 1 oz.)
- Blocks out light completely.
- Comfortable to wear.
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. A comfortable sleep mask that actually blocks light is a must for every traveler who wants to sleep on planes, trains, or in a hotel with non-blackout curtains.
- Portability: 10/10. The mask is 9.5 x 3.75 x .25″ and weighs 1 oz.
- Value: 9/10. $14.50 is not bad at all for a sleep mask—you’d pay that much or more for a lesser-quality model in an airport gift shop.
- Durability: 10/10. Directions on this mask say to hand wash and line-dry it, but we put it through the washing machine and dryer and it held up fine.
- Cool Factor: 4/10. Not so cool, unless you’re going for the Batman look in bed.
Final Verdict: It blocks out light, is comfortable, and doesn’t restrict eye movement—what more could you ask for from an eye mask?
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.