What Is It: Knomo Slim laptop sleeve, a stylish way to stow your portable computer.
Price and Where to Buy: $50 to $80 at knomobags.com.
Initial Impression: I don’t know about you, but my laptop is my baby! It rides with me to the park when I’m feeling inspired to scribe, I lug it to my sister’s when I want to share my vacation photos, and it joins me for a latte at my local coffee shop. My laptop carries my life’s memories and works, and after dropping a nice chunk of change for it, you better believe I coddle it. To safeguard my investment, I’ve slipped it in sleeves, hauled it in laptop compartment-equipped backpacks, and various bags—all with practicality and safe-keeping in mind. But let’s face it: Most laptop bags aren’t exactly trendy. Enter the chic Knomo laptop sleeve, which promises that you don’t have to compromise looks for security.
Pros: Who knew laptop bags could be so utilitarian and trendy? Knomo’s Slim laptop sleeve spares no expense. Not only does this bag look smart, it works smart, too! I’m referring to the product as a “bag” because laptop sleeves don’t typically come with this many features. The Slim is equipped with retractable handles, detachable over-the-shoulder straps, an oversized secondary pocket in the rear and two smaller pockets on the front (the smallest with a zipper), and leather trimmings. The bag’s plush laptop compartment is well-cushioned and, externally, features cross-stitching for extra padding. Its quality materials keep your laptop safe when it’s in your possession, but when it no longer is, use the tracking system to help guide it home.
Cons: I know this is a sleeve and not a bag, but I am demanding of my wares! I mean, laptop sleeves don’t typically have handles, shoulder straps, and secondary pockets, so Knomo’s already raised the bar too high to fall short with one last feature. It needs a slightly wider slip pouch for long and bulky laptop chargers. Because without its juice, my baby’s just a hunk of junk.
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10 – Who cares what you wear to the interview?! This is the smartest accessory to land a job or for a presentation.
- Portability: 9/10 – The bag’s light without compromising the contents, and the size is perfect for grab-and-go travel.
- Value: 7/10 – This is certainly a quality piece, but I find it painful to pay $80 for a laptop bag—even one as nice as this—but lo and behold, I found the knomo site clearance page! Currently last season’s colors are 38 percent off.
- Durability: 9/10 – Knomo bags go through rigorous testing, but if that’s not enough, the company also provides a two-year manufacturer defect guarantee.
- Cool Factor: 10/10 – You know that if Pippa’s rocking it all over town, the bag must be stylish.
Final Verdict: I love this bag, err, sleeve, err, awesomeness so much I just bought my real baby one, too. I don’t remember teenage girls being so fashion-forward in my age … or was it just me who was haute couture-clueless?
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.