What Is it: Rodale’s Harmonic Travel Haircare Kit. The kit includes shampoo, conditioner, detangler, and volumizing spray.
Price and Where to Buy: $29.99 at Rodales.com.
- Everything in the kit comes in a 2 fl oz. size, perfect obeying liquid security rules at the airport.
- The design of the bottles is great—they have the normal flip top (or spray top), but then are also topped off by a separate cap, making them virtually spill and leak-proof.
- The bottles come in a clear plastic resealable bag, so you don’t have to waste Ziploc bags.
- The products are made in the USA.
- They all smell great and work well on hair—we especially loved the refreshing minty shampoo.
- The line is sulfate, silicone, and cruelty-free, plus organic and packaged in recyclable containers.
Cons: Although we loved the concept of the separate cap on each bottle, it makes the bottles a little bulky—if you put these in a quart Ziploc bag to be 3-1-1 compliant, these bottles wouldn’t leave much room for any other toiletries.
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. Contains everything you need for your haircare routine—and sulfate-free shampoos are tough to find in travel-sizes.
- Portability: 7/10. The tall caps on the bottle take up more space than necessary.
- Value: 5/10. $29 works out to just over $7 per bottle, which is steep for a travel-sized portion of hair product.
- Durability: 10/10. The bottles and included reusable plastic bags are sturdier than most travel-sized cosmetic bottles.
- Cool Factor: 9/10. The bottles have a cute design and the products smell and work great, making your hair look very cool.
Final Verdict: If you’re a hair product snob, or if you’re into organic, gluten-free, cruelty-free, or silicone/sulfate-free haircare, the Harmonic line is worth the splurge for great hair on-the-go.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.