What Is it: The GoSwype, a small microfiber cloth designed to clean and sanitize touchscreens.
Price and Where to Buy: $1.99 at GoSwype.com.
Pros: We know that the airport, your plane, and your hotel room are covered in all kinds of nasty germs and bacteria. And unfortunately, those germs often end up on your phones and other electronics. (Not so fun fact: studies have shown that the average cell phone has ten times more bacteria than a public toilet does.)
The the big pro for the GoSwype? The cloths kill up to 98 percent of germs and bacteria, which should help keep you healthy if you use them to clean off your phone and other gadgets while traveling. Plus, the GoSwypes also handily get rid of fingerprints, oils, and dirt on your screens (without scratching them), so your touchscreens will be clearer, and you won’t be pressing oil up against your face when you actually use your phone to talk.
The cloths are small and light, and come in a reusable and resealable protective sleeve. They also come in a variety of fashionable designs, making them fun to look at and use!
The GoSwypes are safe on all touchscreens.
Cons: The cloths are only effective for up to two weeks of use.
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10. An easy way to keep your gadgets clean (and yourself healthy) while on the go.
- Portability: 10/10. Slip a GoSwype in your pocket or purse—it’s so small and light, you wouldn’t even know it was in there.
- Value: 6/10. These are cheap, but only last two weeks.
- Durability: 6/10. Well-made and will not fall apart after the first use, but you’ll have to toss them after two weeks when they lose their germ-killing effectiveness.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. There are some seriously cute designs available.
Final Verdict: Keep your screens clean while on the go for less than $2.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.
(Photo Credit: GoSwype)