What is it:
The Trekcase is a roll-up case from GoPole designed for holding GoPro cameras and accessories.
Price and Where to Buy It:
At the time of writing the Trekcase is $42.99 on Amazon.
- Lots of mesh pockets with and without zippers to hold memory cards, batteries, etc.
- Rolls up and fits easily into a backpack or carry-on
- Adjustable straps let you pack more into the case
- Holds up to three GoPro cameras and one extension pole
- Straps keep cameras and accessories from moving around too much
- Handle makes it easy to carry around
- Roll-up feature leaves gaps and does not keep equipment completely secure from water getting in
- The more stuff you pack, the more difficult it is to close up
- It’s a tight squeeze for power cords and other wires
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 8/10 Packing it neatly might take a little time and careful thought, but it will keep your equipment organized and mostly dry. It’s easy to pull out and get set up quickly.
- Value: 7/10 A bit pricy, but if keeping your equipment organized without taking up a lot of space in your carry-on is your main concern then it is worth the investment.
- Portability: 10/10 It will easily fit into any carry-on or backpack and is perfect for hikers.
- Cool Factor: 9/10 The roll-out feature is a nice touch, though you might look awkward fumbling with the extra tight pockets.
Final Verdict: If you’re going out into the elements and taking your GoPro with you, this is a great case to keep all your accessories safe and organized without taking up too much room. You’ll be able to roll it out and get set up quickly. If you’re looking for something that doesn’t pack your equipment so tightly together and can hold more, try GoPole’s VentureCase.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.