What Is it: Eccolo’s eReader Case, a lightweight and compact protective case for eReaders.
Price and Where to Buy: $24 from Amazon.com
- The Eccolo case is lightweight and doesn’t add much extra heft to your eReader.
- Elastics hold your eReader in place
- Fits most standard eReaders (Kindle, Kindle Fire, and Nook)
- Has a pocket to keep papers and travel documents.
- No stand to prop up your eReader if you want to watch movies or read hands-free.
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 7/10. Protects your eReader from scratches and fumbles.
- Portability: 10/10. The Eccolo case is slim and light.
- Value: 6/10. $24 is a bit high for a case without a kickstand.
- Durability: 8/10. The outside is made of faux leather which seems high quality.
- Cool Factor: 8/10. The case comes in a wide variety of cool colors and stylish designs.
Final Verdict: If you just want a slim case to protect your eReader from minor scratches and bumps, the Eccolo is a stylish bet. If you need a case that will cushion your eReader against major disasters, or allow you to use it hands-free, this is not your product.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.