What Is It: The Knock, lightweight on-ear headphones.
Price and Where to Buy: $30 at the official Coloud website.
Pros: The Knock are extremely lightweight compared to most on-ear or over-the-ear headphones. The sound quality is surprisingly great—very clear and crisp. The cord is flat and tangle-free, and features a built-in microphone and remote, so that you can use it with your cellphone. The plug is pliable and bends 180-degrees to help keep the cord in place. We also love the wide variety of vibrant colors the headphones come in!
Cons: These are not noise-cancelling headphones, and you can definitely still hear background noise when using them.
How It Rates:
- Usefulness: 8/10. Use to listen to music or to talk on your cellphone—the Knock is versatile.
- Portability: 6/10. The Knock can’t compete with ear buds or folding headphones for portability, but they are very lightweight.
- Value: 8/10. $30 is a pretty good deal for on-ear headphones.
- Durability: 8/10. Coloud headphones come with a full one year replacement warranty.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. Love the colors—you can pick from a number of different contrasting colors (one for the outside and one for the ear pads) that make these headphones stand out.
Final Verdict: If you want a pair of reasonably priced, lightweight, on-ear headphones, these are a great bet. If you prefer ear buds or noise-cancelling headphones, these likely won’t win you over to regular on-ear models.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.