What Is It: The Knock, lightweight on-ear headphones.
Price and Where to Buy: $30 at the official Coloud website.
Pros: The Knock are extremely lightweight compared to most on-ear or over-the-ear headphones. The sound quality is surprisingly great—very clear and crisp. The cord is flat and tangle-free, and features a built-in microphone and remote, so that you can use it with your cellphone. The plug is pliable and bends 180-degrees to help keep the cord in place. We also love the wide variety of vibrant colors the headphones come in!
Cons: These are not noise-cancelling headphones, and you can definitely still hear background noise when using them.
How It Rates:
- Usefulness: 8/10. Use to listen to music or to talk on your cellphone—the Knock is versatile.
- Portability: 6/10. The Knock can’t compete with ear buds or folding headphones for portability, but they are very lightweight.
- Value: 8/10. $30 is a pretty good deal for on-ear headphones.
- Durability: 8/10. Coloud headphones come with a full one year replacement warranty.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. Love the colors—you can pick from a number of different contrasting colors (one for the outside and one for the ear pads) that make these headphones stand out.
Final Verdict: If you want a pair of reasonably priced, lightweight, on-ear headphones, these are a great bet. If you prefer ear buds or noise-cancelling headphones, these likely won’t win you over to regular on-ear models.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.