What Is it: CitySlips Tech Earmuffs, earmuffs that double as headphones.
Price and Where to Buy: $50 on CitySlips. Smarter Travel readers get 20 percent off using the coupon code: Smarter Travel.
- Look like normal earmuffs, but function as headphones.
- The ear-covers fold inwards for easy storage/transport.
- Are very comfortable to wear—the fuzzy ear-covers keep the wearer warm!
- The sound quality is surprisingly good when listening to music—much better than you’d expect from earmuffs!
- There’s an inline microphone, so these can be used with your smartphone.
- The cord detaches so you can wear these as regular earmuffs
- They look stylish, and we like that they don’t use real fur.
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. It’s only November, and we’re already freezing. These earmuffs will be great for keeping us warm and connected this winter.
- Portability: 9/10. The earmuffs are lightweight, and the earpieces fold in to make them more portable.
- Value: 7/10. At $50, these are fairly pricey, but if you use the 20 percent off promo code mentioned above, it’s not so bad.
- Durability: 7/10. The earmuffs are well-made, but we wish there was a way to clean them.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. You will look cool and warm listening to music through these stylish tech earmuffs.
Final Verdict: If you’re torn between wearing headphones or earmuffs, the CitySlips Tech Earmuffs are the perfect solution!
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.