What Is it: The Brunton Pulse 1500 Power Booster, a portable battery that can charge your electronics without an outlet.
- This is probably the lightest and smallest portable battery we’ve ever tested
- Charges any device that uses a standard or micro USB
- Will hold enough power to fully charge a smartphone
- Comes with Brunton’s “You Proof Promise,” meaning the company will replace or fix your Pulse no matter how you break it
- The included USB cables tuck into the case of the Pulse to keep everything neat and organized, but they can be hard to get out (we had to use a pen to pry the cables loose the first few times)
- PowerGrid uses a USB cable to charge itself, not a plug for easy wall outlet charging
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. Quickly charge your electronics while camping, flying, or while in other places where you don’t have easy access to power
- Portability: 10/10. The problem with many portable backup batteries is that they add so much weight to your bag, making them not so portable after all. The Pulse is tiny, weighing just 2 ozs and taking up just 2.75″ x 2.75″ x 0.5″. It easily fits in the palm of your hand.
- Value: 10/10. Amazon has it for almost half off, which is an amazing value, considering the lifetime guarantee.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. Everything about the Pulse, from the size to the design to the colors available is cool.
Final Verdict: A great price, the ability to charge your dead smartphone, and it’s about the same size as a pack of chewing gum? This is our new favorite portable power source!
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.