What Is It: The Biaggi Contempo, an expandable carry-on rolling suitcase.
Price and Where to Buy: $229 from Biaggi’s website.
Pros: When this bag is empty you can stash it flat under a bed, behind a door, or on a low shelf—perfect for travelers with little storage space, or for long stays in tiny hotel rooms or cruise cabins when you want to unpack and get the suitcase out of the way. The four-wheel spinner design makes the luggage easy to roll and prevent it from tipping over, and both the interior and exterior are made of high-quality, durable materials. The side handle is very convenient for lifting the bag.
Cons: At 8.4 lbs., this bag is definitely not lightweight. The price, at $229, is similarly hefty.
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. If all bags where this compact, I would have a lot more closet space for shoes!
- Portability: 8/10. It expands to hold a lot, and you can fold it down if you need to transport it empty. The four wheels make it really easy to glide along the ground, but if you’ll be carrying it a lot (think: hefting into overhead bins and up stairs) the weight is a concern.
- Value: 4/10. The bag is great, but it’s really hard to justify paying over $200 for a carry-on suitcase.
- Durability: 10/10. The wheels, handle, and included storage bag are all made very well, and seem like they will withstand a lot.
- Cool Factor: 9/10. The bag looks nice (and comes in cute colors), and the easy folding system makes the Biaggi pretty cool.
Final Verdict: If you’re really hard up for space, need a new carry-on, and want to splurge, then go for the Biaggi. If you can’t justify spending this much on one bag, then the Biaggi is not for you.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.