OtterBox Resurgence Power Case and Alpha Glass Screen Protector Review
Price and Where to Buy OtterBox Resurgence Power Case and Alpha Glass Screen Protector: $50 for the power case and $29.95 for the screen protector on OtterBox’s website.
Power Case Pros:
- Rechargeable case can take your smartphone from dead to up to 80 percent charged
- Fiberglass-filled polycarbonate shell gives your phone military-rated drop protection from falls and scratches
- Charge your phone and the case without taking your phone out of the case
- LED lights show you the power level of the case at a glance
- Includes a micro USB cable for high-speed charging
- Lighter and less bulky than most other rechargeable cases
- Auto-stop feature stops your phone from charging once the battery is full
- Comes in a variety of sleek looking metallic paint color combinations
Power Case Cons:
- Other cases deliver more power than an 80 percent charge
- Case is tough to open to get your phone in and out
Screen Protector Pros:
- Made out of ultra thin tempered glass
- Display clarity was improved on my old iPhone with the screen protector
- Reactive-touch screen means you can use your iPhone as normal
- Can be used with or without a case
- Easy installation—no instructions required (just peel back the protective screen, line up with your iPhone’s button, and stick on)
- Won’t trap air bubbles underneath
- Protects your screen from scratches and shattering
- Lifetime warranty will give you one free replacement of the Alpha Glass for improper installation and unlimited free replacements for anything else that goes wrong (such as small scratches)
Screen Protector Cons:
- Doesn’t protect against water damage
How the OtterBox Resurgence Power Case and Alpha Glass Screen Protector Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. Smartphones are essential for travel these days. Keep yours charged and protected with the combination of the Resurgence Power Case and Alpha Glass Screen Protector.
- Value: 7/10. Both products are fairly high priced compared to other screen protectors and power cases. However, the quality of both items (especially the screen protector) justify the cost.
- Durability: 10/10. Drop your phone without fear—these products will keep your screen and phone safe.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. The Resurgence Power Case has the one of the most fashionable designs of all of the rechargeable cases that we’ve tried. Plus, the Alpha Glass Screen Protector keeps your screen looking better than new.
Final Verdict: The Alpha Glass Screen Protector is a million times better than the cheap plastic protectors that you can get elsewhere. It’s definitely worth the money if you hold your breath every time you accidentally drop your smartphone face down. If you run out of battery life often while using your phone on the road, the Resurgence Power Case is a great way to protect your phone and keep it charged as well.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.