Price and Where to Buy Orobos Asymmetrical Zip Ultra-Light Down Puffer: Available in four colors; $232 at Orobos.com.
How the Asymmetrical Zip Ultra-Light Down Puffer Rates
- Usefulness: 9/10. This jacket can dress up any winter day without adding bulk or weight to a suitcase. It’s windproof, waterproof, and warm. It looks great, and is easy to pack in a suitcase and stow on the go. And it has zippered pockets for added security.
- Value: 8/10. In my book, any jacket that costs more than $200 must meet a higher threshold of requirements than jackets that cost less. And the Asymmetrical Puffer delivers, offering style and durability sure to last multiple seasons, plus lightweight warmth that’s great for travel and a fit that elevates any outfit at home or on the road.
- Portability: 10/10. It’s warm, light, and ultra-easy to squish into a day bag.
- Durability: 9/10. I have zipped the jacket up in the zipper a few times (a common issue with puffy jackets), but the fabric still looks good as new. The seams are strong, and it’s machine washable and safe for the dryer, so it’s easy to clean.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. Puffer jackets are often on-trend, but don’t actually look good. Not so with this version from Orobos. The asymmetrical zipper flatters a range of body types, and the magnetic cowl collar (which can be worn up or down) adds both drama and warmth.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.