Olympus’ TG-4 16 MP Waterproof Digital Camera Review
Price and Where to Buy the Olympus’ TG-4: At the time of publication, the camera was $347.99 on Amazon.
- 16 Megapixels means great photo quality
- Shoots video in full HD 1080p with just one touch of a button
- Waterproof for up to 50 feet
- Crushproof to up to 220lbs
- Shockproof for up to 7 foot drops
- Freezeproof to 14 degrees Fahrenheit
- Point and shoot and easy for everyone to use
- Cool settings like ones for nighttime photography and ones to give subjects “smooth skin”
- Wifi is super easy to set up and makes transferring photos a breeze
- Despite having an almost full battery charge, the camera indicated that it had no power and refused to turn on when we brought it on a cold nighttime tour. Once we had the camera back and warmed up in our hotel, it started working again
- You have to be really careful when immersing the TG-4 in water, as there are multiple latches and points where the camera can leak (that can be compromised by a grain of sand)
How the Olympus’ TG-4 Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. We love sharing our travel snaps via social media, which is why we usually resort to our iPhone. The built-in Wifi sets up in seconds on this camera (just scan a QR code with your smartphone) and you can easily transfer photos between the two. The photo quality is obviously much better on the TG-4 than on a phone, and it was great being able to get the camera wet.
- Value: 7/10. This is a decent price for a WiFi-enabled digital camera, but you do need to buy additional accessories (like a teleconverter and an underwater housing for deeper dives) to really unlock the full potential.
- Portability: 9/10. At 8.07 ounces, the TG-4 is very light for a waterproof digital camera. Plus, it’s ruggedness makes it easy to bring along on all your adventures.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. Your clear underwater snaps will turn out very cool with this camera!
Final Verdict: If you’re a photography newbie looking to improve your travel snapshot game, the TG-4 is a great step up from your smartphone.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com (Photo: Lucy)