Amtrak‘s current list of special promotions is the longest it’s been in a while, and you have more than the usual time to take advantage of them.
The deals include:
- $10 one-way fares between Boston and Portland, including intermediate cities, on daily Downeaster trains. Buy by January 28 for travel from January 1 through January 31.
- 20 percent discount on tickets to Whitefish, Montana, from most main cities on the Empire Builder route between Chicago and Seattle/Portland. Buy by February 13 for travel through March 31.
- 20 percent discounts on tickets between Kansas City and St. Louis, including intermediate cities, on the Missouri River Runner. Buy by April 28 for travel from January 3 through April 30.
- 20 percent discounts on tickets for several Illinois trains: the Carl Sandburg and Illinois Zephyr between Chicago and Quincy; the Illini and Saluki between Chicago and Carbondale; and the Lincoln service trains between Chicago and St. Louis, including intermediate cities. Buy tickets by April 29 for travel from January 1 through April 30.
- 20% discounts on several Michigan trains: the Blue Water between Chicago and Port Huron; the Pere Marquette between Chicago and Grand Rapids; and the Wolverine between Chicago and Detroit/Pontiac, including intermediate cities. Buy tickets by April 29 for travel from January 1 through April 30.
Per usual with Amtrak promotions, discounts apply only to coach fare; advance purchase (usually one or two days) is required; seats are limited and are not available on all trains at all times; and some blackout dates apply.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.