Amtrak‘s current list of special promotions is the longest it’s been in a while, and you have more than the usual time to take advantage of them.
The deals include:
- $10 one-way fares between Boston and Portland, including intermediate cities, on daily Downeaster trains. Buy by January 28 for travel from January 1 through January 31.
- 20 percent discount on tickets to Whitefish, Montana, from most main cities on the Empire Builder route between Chicago and Seattle/Portland. Buy by February 13 for travel through March 31.
- 20 percent discounts on tickets between Kansas City and St. Louis, including intermediate cities, on the Missouri River Runner. Buy by April 28 for travel from January 3 through April 30.
- 20 percent discounts on tickets for several Illinois trains: the Carl Sandburg and Illinois Zephyr between Chicago and Quincy; the Illini and Saluki between Chicago and Carbondale; and the Lincoln service trains between Chicago and St. Louis, including intermediate cities. Buy tickets by April 29 for travel from January 1 through April 30.
- 20% discounts on several Michigan trains: the Blue Water between Chicago and Port Huron; the Pere Marquette between Chicago and Grand Rapids; and the Wolverine between Chicago and Detroit/Pontiac, including intermediate cities. Buy tickets by April 29 for travel from January 1 through April 30.
Per usual with Amtrak promotions, discounts apply only to coach fare; advance purchase (usually one or two days) is required; seats are limited and are not available on all trains at all times; and some blackout dates apply.