Patagonia’s PrimaLoft Nano Puff Hoody packs a ton of warmth into a lightweight package.
Patagonia PrimaLoft Nano Puff Hoody Review:
Price and Where to Buy: The Nano Puff Hoody is available on Amazon and Patagonia’s website from $174 (sale price on select styles, full price is $249).
How the Patagonia PrimaLoft Nano Puff Hoody Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. Travelers, hikers, and climbers—this jacket is for you. If you want to stay warm but don’t have the space for a bulky jacket, you need the Patagonia Nano Puff Hoody. Thanks to PrimaLoft Gold Insulation, this jacket is unbelievably lightweight (just 10.8 ounces) and folds down to be super small, so you can pack it or carry it on a long hike without even noticing that it’s there. The PrimaLoft filling is way better than down—it’s lighter, made from 55 percent recycled content, water-repellent, and compressible, and it maintains 98 percent of its warmth even when wet.
- Value: 9/10. The sale price makes this jacket a steal—this is a lifetime investment piece.
- Portability: 10/10. I still can’t believe something this lightweight is so good at keeping me warm! As noted above, it’s just 10.8 ounces, and it packs down into its own pocket to turn into a stuff sack that takes up less room than a clutch.
- Durability: 10/10. The jacket is finished with a durable water-repellent finish that will keep it in good shape for many years.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. The jacket is packed with cool features, such as handwarmer pockets, a slim hood that can be worn under a helmet, an adjustable hem that seals in warmth, and a “zipper garage” at the top of the jacket that prevents the zipper from irritating your chin. Plus, the women’s version is actually cut for women—and comes in fun colors.
Final Verdict: The Patagonia Nano Puff Hoody is coming with me on all of my adventures from now on!
Caroline Morse is always on the hunt for the newest and best travel gear. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter to see what she wears around the world.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
Colombia: Choose Your Length of Stay...
Indus Travelsvacation $505+
Wisconsin Dells Water Park Resort w/Meals,...
Rome to Istanbul: Luxe, 11-Night Mediterranean...
Oceania Cruisescruise $3999+