MiPow Power Tube 3000 Review
- Compact and portable.
- Syncs up to Juice-Sync Monitor app that lets you monitor the battery level, temperature, and location of the power tube.
- Power button doubles as a selfie shutter.
- Built-in cable for direct charging.
- Comes in a wide variety of colors.
- Set alerts when battery charge is low.
- Built in USB for quick re-charging.
- Cord is short and makes using your phone while directly charging a little cumbersome.
- Only available for iPhone.
- The cap needs to come off a certain way or else the cord can be easily damaged.
- Will give a full charge to iPhone 5, 6, or 6s, but not iPhone 6s Plus.
- Does not allow pass-through charging, i.e. you cannot charge the Power Tube and the iPhone at the same time.
- App drains the phone battery.
How MiPow Power Tube 3000 Rates:
- Usefulness: 8/10. Great for on the go charging. The cordless and wireless aspects of the charger make it easy to use and gives you less parts to worry about.
- Value: 8/10. While a little expensive, it will last longer than the inexpensive portable chargers out there, especially given its advanced technology.
- Portability: 10/10. Very small and light, will fit easily into a larger pocket or small bag. Great location feature if it gets left behind.
- Cool Factor: 8/10. Being able to check the status of the battery makes this charger pretty cool and different than other portable chargers. All of the color options are great, too.
Final Verdict: Very few products are given the “Apple seal of approval” and are offered in their stores and online, so we just had to check this one out. While the app does drain the battery and all of its features aren’t totally necessary, it’s useful for those who need to rely on a backup charger. Its cordless features are great and make for easy recharging, and give users one less thing to worry about.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.