M. Gemi’s Ballare is a ballet flat with plenty of travel-friendly features built in—like an ultra-light design, comfort straight out of the box, and plenty of support and style.
M.Gemi’s Ballare Review
Price and Where to Buy: The Ballare is available on M.Gemi’s website in a wide variety of colors for $228.
How M.Gemi’s The Ballare Rates
- Style: 8/10. With a square toe and minimal stacked heel (just half an inch), the Ballare offers a modern take on the ballet flat style. A striped elastic band over the top adds a bit of extra flair.
- Comfort: 10/10. The elastic strap isn’t just for style—it helps the flat stay firmly on your feet. The square toe gives your toes plenty of room, and the padded insole adds enough cushion that you can wear these on hard sidewalks all day without pain. Lined with ultra-soft leather, the Ballare can be worn straight out of the box without a painful break-in period.
- Durability: 9/10. Handmade in Italy from leather and suede, these shoes will last for a long time if you take care of them.
Final Verdict: M.Gemi’s Ballare is the stylish, comfortable, and packable ballet flat that you’ve been looking for.
More from SmarterTravel:
- 8 Comfortable Ballet Flats You Can Actually Walk In
- The 13 Best Shoes to Wear in Europe This Year
- The 9 Most Comfortable Travel Shoes
Caroline Morse Teel is always on the hunt for the newest and best travel gear. Follow her on Instagram @TravelWithCaroline.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.