If you are looking for great food, nightclubs, and exciting downtown nightlife, don’t overlook Louisville. There’s more to Louisville than baseball bats and horse farms.
- Comedy Caravan features local and national comedians and serves bar-type food.
- The Vernon Club holds one of the country’s oldest bowling alleys and is really a neat place. They have a nice bar upstairs, and some great shows downstairs.
- Fourth Street Live is where the action is in Louisville. Check it out for dinner, drinks, or just people watching.
- The Hotel Galthouse isn’t really a hot spot, but a nice place to sample one of the world’s largest selections of bourbons.
- Dietrich’s on Frankfort is a popular place with a cabaret atmosphere and sidewalk seating.
- The Vernon Club is a bowling alley and a music venue. It holds one of the country’s oldest bowling alleys upstairs and a music venue downstairs.
- Phoenix Hill Tavern is in one of the city’s oldest buildings. They feature live music every weekend. If you visit just one nightclub in Louisville, make it this one.
- O’Malley’s Corner gets good bands in occasionally. The theme is country, and you can ride their mechanical bull, or just chill at the bar.
- Flannigan’s is a neat little Irish Pub that has outdoor seating and plenty of Irish beers on tap
- Bluegrass Brewing Company is a typical brewpub with a large bar and good pub food.
- O’Shea’s Traditional Irish Pub serves good food, has an excellent selection of beers, and music on the weekends.
- Jim Porters Coyotes has live music and ladies night every Wednesday.
Editor’s Note: The information contained on this page was compiled using real traveler reviews about nightlife in Louisville.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.