For many travelers about to leave for the airport, their personal item is the very last packing decision they make. It’s also the decision that the least amount of thought goes into. Some grab an old backpack, their daily purse, or the biggest tote bag they can find and stuff everything in at once. If you’re tired of digging around your last-minute personal item for your in-flight entertainment or necessities, it’s time to invest in in a bag that can do more than just help you stay organized.
The ideal personal item is durable, has tons of pockets, and is stylish enough to use every day. On the hunt for the perfect personal item, I took the LeDaveed Everyday Tote for a spin.
Price and Where to Buy: $425 on the LeDaveed website.
How the LeDaveed Everyday Tote Rates:
- Usefulness: 8/10. With six pockets of varying size, including one on the outside, the Everyday Tote definitely delivers on organization. The pockets are also easy to access, which makes it easy to find what you’re looking for when you’re crouching under the seat in front of you. I also love the luggage attachment strap, which lets you slide the bag over your luggage handle. It’s super functional and it blends in very well with the design. The bag is also very spacious, with room for a 15-inch laptop.
- Value: 7/10. It’s pricey, but this bag is also made from real German leather that is super sturdy, waterproof, and very stylish. This bag can also easily transition from daily use to travel staple.
- Portability: 10/10. I love how small this bag appears even when it’s stuffed to the brim; it holds its shape very well. The straps are flat, which allows the bag to sit comfortably on your shoulder.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. It’s sleek and stylish, and its all black design makes it a perfect fit for anyone’s style or personality. It would make a great gift for any traveling woman.
Final Verdict: This would be an ideal bag for the person who doesn’t have time to distinguish their everyday bag from their travel bag, and a good investment for someone who needs a bag that has style and function to last a lifetime.
More from SmarterTravel:
- 9 Fashionable Fanny Packs for Travel (Seriously!)
- Personal Item vs. Carry-on: What’s the Difference?
- 8 Great Crossbody Bags for Travel
Jamie Ditaranto is a writer and photographer always looking for her next adventure. Follow her on Twitter @jamieditaranto.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at editor@.