Eight days and counting to Memorial Day weekend, and travel is shaping up to be a popular way to kick off the unofficial beginning of summer. If you haven’t already made travel plans, there’s still time to book and plenty of deals are available to save you money. Check out this roundup of Memorial Day deals:
- Hotels.com is advertising 50 percent savings on Memorial Day weekend rates plus $50 for anyone booking three nights or more. Book by May 25 for stays between May 21 and 27.
- CheapOair.com has last-minute airfare deals such as $39 each way between Charlotte and Atlanta, $49 one-way between Las Vegas and Salt Lake City, and $69 each way from D.C. to Orlando. Also look for four-star hotels under $99 per night and car rentals from $14 per day.
- Southwest has a Memorial Day sale with fares from $69 each way. Tickets must be purchased between May 15 and May 21 for travel May 22 through June 10. A three-day advance purchase is required.
- In Panama City Beach, you can find Memorial Day specials such as discounts at The Princess Condominiums and Hidden Dunes Condominiums, plus specials and celebrations at other hotels and vacation rentals around town.
- On the Online Travel Agency (OTA) front, Expedia has a Memorial Day sale with 30 to 50 percent off regular rates, Orbitz has at least 30 percent off hotels in more than 500 destinations, and Travelocity is promoting a Getaway Sale with 40 percent savings over last year.
- And, there’s always Lastminute.com for discounted, last-minute long-weekend air-and-hotel packages to all sorts of destinations, including U.S. cities, the Caribbean, and Europe.
Know of another Memorial Day travel deal? Post it below!
(Editor’s Note: SmarterTravel is a member of the TripAdvisor Media Network, an operating company of Expedia, Inc. Expedia, Inc. also owns hotels.com.)
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.