Price and Where to Buy: The Kammok Field Blanket is $85 on Kammok.com.
How the Kammok Field Blanket Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10. The Kammok Field Blanket is a remarkably adaptable blanket for summer camping and car trips. It’s waterproof on one side and lined with super-soft microfleece on the other. Its stuff sack is also lined on one side with fleece, and the blanket, when stowed in the bag, can double as a pillow. And it has small snaps that can turn this blanket into a lightweight sleeping bag or a poncho—perfect for staying cozy on cooler outdoor evenings. The only downside is that it doesn’t pack down super-small; in its stuff sack, it’s about the size of a travel pillow.
- Value: 8/10. More expensive than a typical picnic blanket but less expensive than a sleeping bag, this tough but cozy blanket can be your go-to for all sorts of cool-weather adventures.
- Durability: 9/10. The waterproof side of the blanket is made from 40D ripstop fabric, so it can be used on uneven or rocky surfaces without fear of tearing.
- Cool Factor: 8/10. While most blankets don’t score very highly on the cool scale, the Kammok Field Blanket stands out for its go-anywhere, do-anything attitude and vivid red color.
Final Verdict: The Kammok Field Blanket is a remarkably adaptable midweight blanket that can weather outdoor challenges like a seasoned pro.
More from SmarterTravel:
- Pickpocket-Proof Clothing for Your Next Trip
- 10 Camera Accessories That Will make You a Better Travel Photographer
- What to Pack for Hiking: 35 Essentials
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.