Price and Where to Buy: The Kammok Field Blanket is $85 on Kammok.com.
How the Kammok Field Blanket Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10. The Kammok Field Blanket is a remarkably adaptable blanket for summer camping and car trips. It’s waterproof on one side and lined with super-soft microfleece on the other. Its stuff sack is also lined on one side with fleece, and the blanket, when stowed in the bag, can double as a pillow. And it has small snaps that can turn this blanket into a lightweight sleeping bag or a poncho—perfect for staying cozy on cooler outdoor evenings. The only downside is that it doesn’t pack down super-small; in its stuff sack, it’s about the size of a travel pillow.
- Value: 8/10. More expensive than a typical picnic blanket but less expensive than a sleeping bag, this tough but cozy blanket can be your go-to for all sorts of cool-weather adventures.
- Durability: 9/10. The waterproof side of the blanket is made from 40D ripstop fabric, so it can be used on uneven or rocky surfaces without fear of tearing.
- Cool Factor: 8/10. While most blankets don’t score very highly on the cool scale, the Kammok Field Blanket stands out for its go-anywhere, do-anything attitude and vivid red color.
Final Verdict: The Kammok Field Blanket is a remarkably adaptable midweight blanket that can weather outdoor challenges like a seasoned pro.
More from SmarterTravel:
- Pickpocket-Proof Clothing for Your Next Trip
- 10 Camera Accessories That Will make You a Better Travel Photographer
- What to Pack for Hiking: 35 Essentials
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.