Are you a Hilton customer with a yen for Delta miles? There’s a promotion for that.
Through March 31, Hilton HHonors members who opt to earn fixed mileage for their stays can earn up to 2,000 Delta miles for qualifying stays of one or more nights at Hilton family hotels, as follows:
- Earn 1,000 miles for one night (200 miles at Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites)
- Earn 1,500 miles for two nights (300 miles at Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites)
- Earn 2,000 miles for three or more nights (600 miles at Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites)
The above figures include both the base and bonus miles.
Registration is required.
Deal or No Deal
For Hilton partisans, the first order of business is comparing this promotion with the “More Free Nights” offer in effect during the same timeframe: double, triple, or quadruple points for stays of two, three, or four nights, respectively.
The difference goes beyond bonus points versus bonus miles. There’s also a qualification difference. While the Delta offer kicks in after a single night, the points offer requires two or more nights. So if multiple-night stays aren’t on the travel agenda, the Delta promotion wins by default.
And for travelers who are brand-neutral, there are competing promotions from other hotel chains to consider. Among them:
- Through February 17, members of the goldpoints plus program can earn a one-time 10,000-point bonus for staying one or more nights, Sunday through Thursday, at a Carlson Hotels Country Inns & Suites hotel.
- Through March 2, Choice Privileges members can earn triple points, double points, or 500 bonus points for stays at Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, MainStay Suites, Cambria Suites, Suburban Extended Stay, Ascend Collection, EconoLodge, and Rodeway Inn hotels.
- Between February 1 and April 30, Marriott Rewards members can choose to earn a free night after two paid stays, up to two free nights (the MegaBonus offer), or triple airline miles for the second and subsequent stays (the MegaMiles offer).
- Between February 1 and April 30, Priority Club Rewards members can earn 3,000 bonus points for every third qualifying night, up to a maximum of 30,000 points.
- Through April 15, Starwood Preferred Guest members can earn double points for all nights, plus an additional 500 points for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights, at more than 930 participating Starwood family hotels.
Reader Reality Check
Airline miles. Hotel points. Free nights. Your choice?
This article originally appeared on FrequentFlier.com.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.