Buying a plane ticket is always a gamble—will the price go up or down if you wait to purchase? With a new feature from Google Flights, you won’t have to wonder any longer. Google just announced the launch of a new price guarantee program that could change the flight booking game.
What is Google Flights’ Price Guarantee?
Simply buy a plane ticket through Google Flights that has a “Price Guarantee” badge. Google will monitor the price every day until your flight departs, and if the flight cost drops, Google will automatically send you back the difference via Google Pay.
How Can I Find a Price Guarantee Flight?
During this pilot program, the price guarantee will only be available on select flights departing from the United States.
You will need to book directly through Google (not via the airline’s website) in order to lock in the guarantee.
How Do I Book a Price Guarantee Flight?
- Make sure you are signed into your Google account and using a US billing address and US phone number when booking.
- Search on Google Flights as usual and then look for the “Price Guarantee” badge. The guarantee may only be available one-way or you might be able to find a round-trip flight that qualifies.
- Click “Book on Google” and then make sure you check the “Price Guarantee” box to agree to the terms and conditions.
How Much Money Can I Get Back?
Google will automatically send you a refund if the price drops more than $5. (So you won’t get any money back if your trip price goes down by $4.99)
Google caps the amount of money you can get back at an annual amount, not per flight. The maximum amount you can get back is $500 total per calendar year for up to three bookings.
Is the Price Guarantee Free?
Yes, the Price Guarantee is completely free to use.
How Will I Get Refunded?
Google will only issue price drop refunds through the Google Pay app. You must download the app and set it up within 90 days of your flight’s departure in order to get the difference back.
Make sure you are using the same Google account to book your flight and set up your Google Pay.
Google will automatically deposit the funds into Google Pay account within 48 hours after your flight has taken off—you don’t have to do anything to get your refund if you already have a Google Pay account.
You Might Also Like:• 7 Summer Travel Tips From the TSA
• New Data Shows Travelers Are In For An Expensive Summer
• This New Google Maps Feature Could Be a Game-Changer for Travel
• Record Demand for Passports Create Huge Wait Times
• Delta’s International Flights Are Already 75 Percent Sold out for the Summer
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
Colombia: Choose Your Length of Stay...
Indus Travelsvacation $505+
Wisconsin Dells Water Park Resort w/Meals,...
Rome to Istanbul: Luxe, 11-Night Mediterranean...
Oceania Cruisescruise $3999+