Global Entry is currently the fastest way to return to the United States after a trip abroad. This program, available through the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agency, prescreens travelers and allows them to skip the often lengthy customs lines at airports and other border crossings. The reentry process has gotten even faster for Global Entry members, thanks to the launch of a new mobile app.
Previously, members would visit a Global Entry kiosk to have their photograph taken before proceeding to a CBP officer for verification.
Now, Global Entry members can download the Global Entry app from the Google Play or Apple App store and skip the kiosk entirely. Simply take a selfie using the app, and you’ll receive a mobile receipt to show the CBP officers to complete the entry process.
“The new Global Entry mobile application leverages the latest technologies in order to enhance security while further improving the travel experience for CBP’s trusted travelers,” said CBP’s Senior Official Performing the Duties of the Commissioner Troy A. Miller, in a news statement.
The app is free to download but can only be used by Global Entry members. A Global Entry membership costs $100 for a five-year membership.
Where Can You Use the Global Entry Mobile App?
The Global Entry app can only currently be used at seven airports:
- Seattle Tacoma International Airport (Seattle, Washington)
- Los Angeles International Airport (Los Angeles, California)
- Miami International Airport (Miami, Florida)
- Orlando International Airport (Orlando, Florida)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (Dulles, Virginia)
- Pittsburgh International Airport (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (Houston, Texas)
You Might Also Like:• The 6 Best Places to Travel in January 2024
• Amazon Prime Offers $25 Flights to Students This Holiday Season
• This SOS Hotline Helps Stranded Holiday Travelers Book Hotels
• This Airline Will Let Passengers Pay to Have an Empty Seat Next to Them
• Is The Venture X Credit Card Worth It?
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.