Cozy or waterproof isn’t an either-or proposition with Free Country’s Ectad Reversible Jacket. The anorak-style jacket features a water (and wind) resistant shell on one side and an extremely soft fleece on the other.
Free Country Women’s Ectad Reversible Jacket Review:
Price and Where to Buy: The Free Country Women’s Ectad Reversible Jacket is available for $100 at FreeCountry.com.
How the Ectad Reversible Jacket Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10. There’s no either-or with this jacket. It’s warm, effectively water and wind-resistant, and the butter pile fleece is just about the softest thing imaginable. It’s also reversible for nice variety—though wearing it fleece-side out means you won’t have the super-soft lining warming you.
- Value: 9/10. Even at the original price of $100, this jacket offers solid value. At press time, Free Country was offering the jacket for half off, or $50.
- Durability: 9/10. This jacket has sturdy seams, is machine washable, and the zippers on the external pockets zipped easily, even when the pockets were full.
- Cool Factor: 9/10. With side tabs to give the jacket a more form-flattering fit, and the dual offerings of cozy and protective, this jacket is a cool way to make the most of outdoor time in inclement weather.
Final Verdict: Better than a rain jacket or a fleece, it’s a rain jacket and a fleece, brought together in a single, form-flattering package.
More from SmarterTravel:
- The One Winter Travel Accessory You Should Pack
- 7 Hybrid Duffel Backpacks That Will Change the Way You Back
- Lightweight Shoes Perfect for Packing
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.