eBags Fortis Pro Carry-On Price and Where to Buy: The Ebags Fortis Pro is $199 on Ebags.com.
How the EBags Fortis Pro Carry-On Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10. The eBags Fortis Pro carry-on offers budget-conscious travelers flexible utility and plenty of extras. With zip-out accordion section for expansion space, built-in TSA lock, and external USB port, the carry-on matches or exceeds features on many more expensive bags. Internally, the Fortis Pro has a clamshell design with an extra feature—one side is zippered, and the other has a divided interior and compression straps to hold items. But the compression straps are actually two zippered compartments, which both hold items in place and offer extra storage. The carry-on also comes with its own separate laundry bag.
- Value: 10/10. Ebags has tapped into a niche in the market by offering a sleek hardsided suitcase with plenty of bells and whistles for well below competitive brands. It was the least expensive of our best new carry-on bags for 2018, but held its own easily.
- Durability: 9/10. Hardsided suitcases are known for being durable, but they also tend to show scuffs and marks. The Fortis Pro Traveler spinner offers that hardsided strength and disguises potential scuffmarks with an external ribbed pattern.
- Cool Factor: 8/10. Hardsided suitcases are on trend right now, and the sleek look of the carry-on (plus five color choices) offers style-conscious travelers an affordable option.
Final Verdict: Sleek looking and smooth rolling, the affordable eBags Fortis Pro carry-on delivers on functionality and style.
More from SmarterTravel:
- Editors’ Choice Awards: The Best Travel Products of 2018
- 10 Ultralight Rolling Carry-on Bags Under 5 Lbs.
- 11 Most Stylish Laptop Bags for Travel
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us to test free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.