Likely in response to JetBlue’s systemwide double-points promotion, in effect through February 29, Virgin America is also offering double points, but only on select routes.
Between January 19 and February 29, members of Virgin America’s Elevate program can earn double points on the following routes:
- Between San Francisco or Los Angeles and Austin, Boston, Cancun, Chicago, Dallas, Fort Lauderdale, Honolulu, Maui, Los Cabos, New York, Newark, Orlando, Puerto Vallarta, Seattle, or Washington, DC.
- Between Dallas and New York or Washington, DC
- Between New York and Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas, or Palm Springs
- Between Boston and Las Vegas
Elite-qualifying points are not doubled with this promotion.
Registration is required.
Deal or No Deal
Non-elite Elevate members normally earn five points per $1 spent on airfare. With the bonus, that’s doubled, to 10 points per $1. And with a value of around 2.2 cents apiece when redeemed for Virgin America flights, those 10 points amount to a 22 percent rebate.
More from SmarterTravel:
- Spirit Is Giving Away 1.6 Billion Miles. Should You Care?
- Now for Sale at United: Economy Plus Extra-Perk Bundles
- These New Coach-Class Seats Are Actually Comfortable
After 20 years working in the travel industry, and 15 years writing about it, Tim Winship knows a thing or two about travel. Follow him on Twitter @twinship.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.