Through July 31, 2016, members of Enterprise’s Enterprise Plus program can earn bonus points for a number of qualifying activities:
- Earn 20 bonus points for registering for the Plus Your Points promotion (new registrations only)
- Earn double points for qualifying rentals completed between November 5 and November 20
- Earn 50 bonus points for opting to receive marketing emails from Enterprise
- Earn 150 bonus points for the first Enterprise rental booked with no prior bookings within 24 months
- Earn 75 bonus points for the first weekend Enterprise rental booked with no prior weekend bookings within 24 months
- Earn 75 bonus points for the first Enterprise rental of five to 14 days booked with no prior weekly bookings within 24 months
- Earn 275 bonus points for the first Enterprise airport rental booked with no prior airport bookings within 24 months
- Earn 50 bonus points for opting to receive Enterprise communications electronically
- Earn 250 bonus points for adding SiriusXM satellite radio to an Enterprise rental
Registration is required. (Enterprise Plus members who registered for the 2014 version of this promotion will be registered automatically for this year’s promotion.)
Deal or No Deal
With its focus on off-airport rentals, Enterprise is in a class mostly by itself. Marketing-wise, the company has traditionally hung its hat on convenient locations, reasonable rates, and superior customer service. The loyalty program is a relatively new addition; icing on the cake.
Loyalty points are certainly a plus in theory. But as with any frequent-buyer scheme, the real value will only be derived by those who actually rent frequently. And the great majority of Enterprise renters are infrequent renters, who need a rental when their own cars are in the shop for mechanical repairs or collision work.
Bottom line: If you rent from Enterprise one or more times a year, by all means join Enterprise Plus and participate in this promotion. For less frequent renters, Enterprise loyalty points will probably expire before you ever reach an award threshold. Luckily, there are other compelling reasons to rent from Enterprise.
More From Smartertravel:
- 10 Dirty Secrets of Car Rental Companies
- 10 Flight-Friendly Recipes You Can Make Yourself
- Here’s How One Hotel Chain Is Getting Its Loyalty Members to Use Their Vacation Days
This article originally appeared on FrequentFlier.com.