Loyalty programs go to considerable lengths to establish robust rosters of earning and redemption partners, to ensure program members have plenty of options to earn and use miles.
And to remind program members of those opportunities, programs periodically offer bonuses designed to highlight the partner companies. As in this case.
Through June 15, American AAdvantage members can earn up to 10,000 bonus miles for completing mileage-earning transactions with four AAdvantage partner companies, as follows:
- Complete two partner transactions, earn 2,000 bonus miles
- Complete three partner transactions, earn 5,000 bonus miles
- Complete four partner transactions, earn 10,000 bonus miles
And here are the qualifying partner transactions:
- An AAdvantage Dining meal costing at least $25
- An AAdvantage eShopping purchase costing at least $50
- A 1-800-Flowers.com purchase
- Enrollment in the Vinesse wine club
Deal or No Deal
Making a purchase through the AAdvantage eShopping portal and earning miles-for-dining through AAdvantage Dining are easy; AAdvantage members should already be doing both routinely.
Flowers for Mother’s Day will take care of the 1-800-FLOWERS purchase.
The highest hurdle for most will be the Vinesse wine club.
Still, you’ll earn 5,000 bonus miles for completing the three easy tasks. And if a wine club meets your imbibing needs, joining the Vinesse program (which also awards 3,000 bonus miles for the first and second shipments) will get you the full 10,000 bonus miles.
More from SmarterTravel:
- World’s Largest Airline Will Add Seats, Reduce Comfort
- Are These the Best Loyalty Programs?
- Is Tipping Coming to Uber?
After 20 years working in the travel industry, and 15 years writing about it, Tim Winship knows a thing or two about travel. Follow him on Twitter @twinship.