Eagle Creek Deviate Travel Pack Review
- Available in a regular or women’s fit
- Includes a zip-off daypack
- Large size: 13.5 x 31.5 x 10 in. and has a capacity of 76L (daypack holds 15L, making the set 85L total)
- Lockable zippers on main compartment
- RFID Blocker pocket to store your credit cards and passport
- Padded, e-fleece electronics pocket
- Reflective accents make you visible at night
- Back panel and shoulder straps are made from a padded, moisture-wicking material that keep you comfortable
- Sternum strap has a safety whistle attached
- Hydration bladder compartment fits up to 3L of liquid
- Molded polycarbonate frame flexes with you when you move
- The main bag weighs 3 lbs when empty, which feels pretty heavy. The zip-off backpack is a lighter 8 oz.
How Eagle Creek Deviate Travel Pack Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. All of the extra features and thoughtful designs make the Deviate great for backpacking trips.
- Value: 8/10. Retails for $275, which is pricey, although within the standard range for a high-end backpack—plus, it comes with a lifetime warranty, so this is a forever type of bag.
- Portability: 8/10. The Deviate comes with an included cover that you can pack the backpack in and use as a duffel.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. You’ll be comfortable, and that’s cool. The Deviate also comes in fun colors, including an inconspicuous grey and a bright Flame Orange that will keep you visible in the woods.
Final Verdict: This is a serious bag for a serious backpacker. If that’s you, the built-in features make the Deviate stand out from the sea of generic backpacks.
(Photo: Eagle Creek)
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.