Eagle Creek Deviate Travel Pack Review
- Available in a regular or women’s fit
- Includes a zip-off daypack
- Large size: 13.5 x 31.5 x 10 in. and has a capacity of 76L (daypack holds 15L, making the set 85L total)
- Lockable zippers on main compartment
- RFID Blocker pocket to store your credit cards and passport
- Padded, e-fleece electronics pocket
- Reflective accents make you visible at night
- Back panel and shoulder straps are made from a padded, moisture-wicking material that keep you comfortable
- Sternum strap has a safety whistle attached
- Hydration bladder compartment fits up to 3L of liquid
- Molded polycarbonate frame flexes with you when you move
- The main bag weighs 3 lbs when empty, which feels pretty heavy. The zip-off backpack is a lighter 8 oz.
How Eagle Creek Deviate Travel Pack Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. All of the extra features and thoughtful designs make the Deviate great for backpacking trips.
- Value: 8/10. Retails for $275, which is pricey, although within the standard range for a high-end backpack—plus, it comes with a lifetime warranty, so this is a forever type of bag.
- Portability: 8/10. The Deviate comes with an included cover that you can pack the backpack in and use as a duffel.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. You’ll be comfortable, and that’s cool. The Deviate also comes in fun colors, including an inconspicuous grey and a bright Flame Orange that will keep you visible in the woods.
Final Verdict: This is a serious bag for a serious backpacker. If that’s you, the built-in features make the Deviate stand out from the sea of generic backpacks.
(Photo: Eagle Creek)
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.