Ever wonder how your trips and points stack up against those of other frequent travelers?
Starwood published a year-end wrap-up featuring a variety of “biggest” and “most” accomplishments recorded by members of its Starwood Preferred Guest loyalty program.
Naturally, the data points are cherry-picked with an eye toward promoting the program’s earning and redemption opportunities. They’re still illuminating.
All figures are for the 2012 calendar year.
- Most points earned for hotel stays by a SPG member: 955,100.
- Most points earned solely for food and beverage purchases: 441,123.
- Most points redeemed for a single flight award: 870,000, for two business-class tickets between Los Angeles and Rome.
- Most points redeemed for a single hotel-stay award: 960,000, for 10 suite nights at the St. Regis Bali.
- Most points redeemed for an experiential award: 370,500, for court-side seats at the U.S. Open Men’s Final.
- Most countries visited by a member: 24.
- Most Starwood hotels visited by a single member: 92.
- Most popular check-in time for elite members taking advantage of the check-in-anytime benefit: 10 a.m.
Reader Reality Check
How do those numbers compare with your earning and redemption for the year?
This article originally appeared on FrequentFlier.com.
You Might Also Like:
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
New Zealand: 13-Night, 5-City Vacation w/Air,...
Down Under Answersvacation $6199+
Wisconsin Dells Water Park Resort w/Meals,...
Rome to Istanbul: Luxe, 11-Night Mediterranean...
Oceania Cruisescruise $3999+